Wednesday, September 18, 2013

I'm failing at this blog update thing

Development is going well so far. I've been too lazy to actually put together a full informative post so I think I'm just going to update with some quips of progress as I go, starting now.

 - Added a ton of new things since the last update...too many to try and list. A lot of learning how to program shaders, make good particle effects, adding sound effects, and implementing weapon pickups!

- Going to start posting some of my gameplay test streams every so often, I feel like I've already missed a lot of opportunity to capture videos of my earliest playable builds, it's fun to look back and see how much tangible progress you make over time!


- I'd been avoiding attempting to really use Unity's particle editor for months, but the time finally came where I needed some effects to make hit impacts feel better. Got some basic impact effects and other fun things happening. Been adding sounds as well as part of my "better impact feel" push

- Gearing up to submit my game to IGF in mid-October, and then launch a website for the game and try to spread some awareness....I have a lot of work to do!


No comments:

Post a Comment